We offer a 2 year warranty on all black crows products. This covers manufacturing defects, but doesn’t cover normal wear and tear. For full details, please see the policy detail below.
If you think your product is faulty and you would like to make a warranty claim, please refer to the below section on how to claim. If you purchased from one of our authorised retailers, then contact them and they’ll be able to help.
Is it a defect or just damaged?
A product is considered to be defective when it cannot be used as intended or when it cannot be repaired due to an issue stemming from either its components or from its manufacturing process. Defective products are covered by our 2 year warranty, while damaged products are not.
Here are some cases which are not covered by our warranty:
Normal wear and tear resulting from standard use which occurs over time. Here are some examples:
Skis and poles
- “My topsheet is chipped from crossing my skis.”
- “My top sheet is faded from the sun.”
- “My skis are softer than when i bought them.”
- “Damage to product resulting from using telemark bindings”
Damage to Freebird skis from using telemark bindings (as the ski construction is not designed to withstand the levels of torsion resulting from the leverage created by telemark bindings on the ski).
- “I mounted my skis with telemark bindings and they ripped out of the ski.”
- “The ankle cuffs on my ski pants have cuts on them from my ski edges/crampons.”
- “The colour of my jacket has slightly faded in the sun/wind/snow.”
- “My outerwear is starting to look wet in places.
Damage resulting from contact with objects while skiing. examples include the following:
- “I hit a rail and my edge is cracked or blown out.”
- “I hit a rock and there is a hole in the base.”
- “I hit a tree stump and the ski is snapped.”
- “My jacket got caught on a branch skiing in the forest and ripped.”
Damage to product resulting from improper care or unnecessary roughness. examples include the following:
- “I planted my skis into the snow and the tip / tail have split.”
- “My skis fell off my truck.”
- “I tapped my skis on the ground to shake the snow off them and the tip/tail have cracked / split.”
- “I washed my jacket and it has lost some of its waterproofing.”
- “My fleece jacket has shrunk in the wash.”
- “My pants burned on the heater in the drying room.”
Parts, hardware, or accessories that were lost or have gone missing after receiving your product.
- “I lost the puller on my zipper.”
- “I lost the zip off my snow skirt.”
How to claim a warranty on your product.
Your first stop is our local retail partner:
If you bought the product in a shop, or on-line return the product to the same shop with your receipt. They will process the warranty on your behalf.
They will return it to us for inspection. Once we have inspected it we will send you a final warranty approval and ship you a replacement product within 5 working days (which will then arrive to you according to the delivery timeframe with our courier company). We cannot however guarantee that your replacement product will be in stock at the time of your warranty. If your replacement product is out of stock, we will offer you your choice of an alternative product of equal value to the warranty. If your product warranty request is not successful we will ship your product back to you and offer you a special rate on a replacement purchase of the same product.